How to Incorporate Music Ministry at Home
There are countless ways to incorporate music into your home life. A few of my favorite suggestions include the following, but I encourage you to use your creativity to add sacred music to your home.
- Sing as a family around the dinner table. You might sing the Doxology as your blessing before a meal. You can also sing hymns as you do dishes together.
- Have a family hymn sing where each member gets to choose their favorite hymn. This can be done a cappella or if a member plays an instrument, they can accompany.
- Play recordings of hymns or other songs of faith as a time of family devotion.
- Compose a hymn as a family. You can write a metered text and fit it to an existing hymn tune or compose both text and music.
- Use a hymnal as a companion to your Bible for quiet time. The hymnal is full of great theological truth.
Rev. Summers' article appeared in FBC's November newsletter, The Bridge. If you would like to receive a copy of FBC's monthly newsletter via postal mail or email, please contact the FBC office at 502.227.4528 or .